Reinstalling WINDOWS is almost NEVER the way to go. I've only seen it actually
necessary in one out of several hundred cases I've worked with. You just
shouldn't have to do something that drastic. If you're having trouble with
something specific go to the MICROSOFT page and  look for a solution there.
They will usually talk you through the fix or direct you to an automated one
that will do the job for you. If not, Google it, but be careful who gives you
advice there.

If you do decide to do a reinstall of WINDOWS remember to first uninstall your
access and anything else that gets installed with  copy counts so you don't
lose them and have to deal with replacement. ANd remember before  rolling back
to the beginning of WINDOWS on your machine you can always try rolling back to
different restore points .  We just had a terrible mess when my husband said
yes to a microsoft update he thought was offered and something was installed
instead with 176 programs (there haven't been that many since XP was installed
on his machine. It took out his audio and flipped video without  the unflip
option  and whew, but a restore to a prior incarnation and all was well again
in a matter of minutes. Going off half cocked isn't just bad when duck hunting.