aah I don't think the latest dx is on the main website.
you need to go to www.microsoft.com/directx or go to www.softwarepatch.com
click windows, then directx june then click here to download
Then either follow the instructions on info bar or click the here link.
As to installing it just run the program, it loads all in the
system32 folder and is installed automatically.
If you get the redist, you need to extract it to a temp folder if its a redist.
I usually extract it to something like e:\directx version date
After that I backup the extracted files and kill the sfx.
you run dxsetup.exe, hit next, yes, next
wait.
Hit finnish and you are ok.
At 07:35 a.m. 16/07/2007, you wrote:

>I downloaded the latest directX from the USA site. Now where do I tell it to
>install it?
>
>Dean
>I personally know someone who literally is older than dirt.
>If you would like to meet him, please write to me
>or join us on the Masters List:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>--
>14/07/2007 3:36 p.m.