Hi Shaun,
The difference here is Che only takes preorders when he has something to
really test and play. With Alchemy you could pay in months and years
advance with no project or game to show for it.
So esentually with Che's games like Rail Racer you might buy when it
becomes beta, you can play the beta, and have a free upgrade to full 1.0
when it comes out.
I actually think it is a great idea, and I will probably start using
this format in the future myself.

At 12:55 p.m. 6/08/2007, you wrote:

>>   yes, I will be using beta testers when it is to that stage, and once again
>> it will be paid testers, in other words, the testers will be the ones that
>> have pre ordered the game.  I had very little luck with the testers that got
>> the game for free, leaving a bad taste in my mouth, at least this way, if
>> the person doesn't give me any feedback, at least they have donated to the
>> cause.
>>   Later,
>>   Che

>>> site.