Hi,
Yeah, I understand why you would ask for an easy to use user interface,
but sometimes that isn't always possible if the game character needs to
do allot of things.
 For example a 3D FPS game may require the player to jump in any
direction, climb, walk, run , crouch, crawl, stand, etc.All in the same
game to get around the 3D world.
 In Tomb Raider I find the keyboard commands a bit donting as you have a
huge number of moves you can do with Lara Croft, and each one has it's
own advantages in the game.
For example, you may need to crouch and then crawl in a small passage to
get into the next room. You have to jump up onto a ledge to get the rope
which you have to climb to get to a door way high above you. You have to
swim across an underground lake to find a special item on the other side.
As a result you end up with tuns of keyboard commands, modifications of
each other, but the game is incredibly fun, ritch, and nothing like we
have in the audio game market.
I suppose I could dumb it down that the same keys do the proper action
if you encounter a specific item like lake, rope, etc, but that isn't
quite the same.