Hi Trenton,
No, that isn't what Raul was saying at all. What Raul was trying to
point out is that different versions of even the same synth doesn't play
together on the same computer. In some rare cases synths will break when
the end user installs two applications together that will conflict like
Eloquence 5 and Eloquence 6.
Another good case in point I have heard a couple Hal users after
installing Hal have actually ended up with Broken Sapi 5 installs do to
some version conflict with the Hal synth and the Sapi version on system.
Often these problems never appear during development because the
programmer knows exactly what he or she is doing, and don't make
mistakes like this. then, end users come along, not as computer techno,
and end up breaking their systems in the process. Usually, with the end
complaint blaming the program rather than themselves for breaking their
own system do to lack of technical awareness.