Hi Josh and all,
I want to first point out the *.exe file is the same do to the fact I no
longer have the source code, but I did make some external changes to the
game.
First, I replaced the sound effects with some better ones. Which have
some added ambience and, larger ship explosions, etc.
In STFC 1.0 it used the TNG version of the red alert which was not used
on newer ships of the DS9 era, and I managed to obtain and put into the
game the DS9/Voyager version of the red alert effect. Now, the bridge
red alert sounds more realistic for the era the game takes place in.
Since the game is primarily a DS9 based game I put in the DS9 music
rather than the TNG music.
I have added all new win and lose game prompts complete with cheers,
music, and voice. it sounds allot cooler than he original ones in 1.0.
I rerecorded all the voice recordings,and managed to fix some of the
ones that were incomplete or to hissy in 1.0.
I'm attaching a changelog to the install, a link to the USA Games web
site, cleaned up manual, new license agreement,and some of the things I
wanted to do before releasing 1.0 but didn't.
Basically, 1.2 is 1.0 with a nice make over. I want it to be more
complete thanit was. To be honest STFC 1.0 was a rushed release, and I
want 1.2 to clean it up and make STFC 1.0 a bit more complete.
It will be a long while before 2.0 is out do to my other engagements,
projects, and STFC isn't the easiest game in the world to program do to
the strategy elements involved.