Hi Shaun,
That is not an unreasonable position, but I think Jim has never aimed
for the "Play Station II," quality we see in sighted games. He simply
writes the games to have fun.
Besides witch to do baseball up right, the way it would be really good,
would take allot of work. For example, Jim's game has the best of seven
out of the World Series which is reasonable considering to do a full
season would be a hundred and some odd games.
Then, you need someone who sounds like an announce her who can do all
the play by play action such as:
"Welcome to Jacob's field. Todays game is the Cleveland Indians verses
the Atlanta Braves. Todays game was braught to you by Coke. Try a cold
one, and experience the great taste of the number one leader in soft
drinks."
Then, the game switches to a classic coke commercial with the classic
coke jangle. "I'd like to buy the world a coke, and keep it company."
Then, the game switches back to the announcer. "Mark Lions steps up to
the plate, and lifts his bat. Dug Johnson is pitching for the Braves. he
throws... Lions swings the bat. Curve ball! Strike! That is strike 1 for
Mark Lions."
Now, that would be awesome, but I see allot more work going into that
kind of a baseball game. More work than I suspect Jim is willing to do,
and while I could do it I am already taskd to the breaking point as it is.