Actually, officially and unofficially anything less than Window-Eyes 6.1
will not run on Vista. It was not just the UAC support which had to be
developed. There are a lot of other under-the-hood changes which took
place between version 6.0 and 6.1 to make it Vista compatible. Even if
you disable UAC, you still will not be able to successfully run Window-Eyes.

--
Raul A. Gallegos .. http://www.asmodean.net