Hi,
The Java development tools, especially the command line ones, are
extremely accessible. When writing Java apps javac is my friend. Ant is
a great tool for packing Java apps as well.
As far as Java access in general goes it really depends on the screen
reader. I am a Window Eyes user so I tend to not use Java as I would
like do to the lack of access from Win Eyes.