Hi,
I know that PC versions of many games including those from Level 9 and
also Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are available from Home of the
Underdogs at:
www.the-underdogs.info

However, that site requires visual verification. A few years back I
remember someone on this list saying something about a special passwor
dfor us blind/visually impaired people, that we could use to access this
site.

I e-mailed the site owner asking  for the password but I didn't get a
response. Maybe I should try again.

Their collection of text adventures (interactive fiction) is probably the
best collection of so-called abandonware you'll find on the Internet.

Cheers,
Tobias