Hi all,
Over the passed six months or so I have really considered of giving
Montezuma's Revenge a slight name change. I have three primary reasons
for feeling the name change should be done while retaining the same sort
of game play.
First, the name Montezuma isn't exactly correct. The man most people
call Montezuma was actually named Emperor Moctezuma II, and ruled the
Aztec Empire from 1502 to 1520.
Second, a title like Montezuma's Revenge is a bit tasteless in my
opinion. It is a well known historical fact that Emperor Moctezuma was
well known for his week constitution, and frequently had diarrhea. The
Spanish thought this was funny and coined the term Moctezuma's Revenge
for anyone who had a bad case of diarrhea. As time went on American
historians Americanised the name to, Montezuma, and now any time someone
has a bad case of diarrhea it is Montezuma's Revenge. All thanks in part
to a man who had a week constitution.
Third, during my recent research into copyrighting the game I am a bit
stuck legally if I continue under the Montezuma's Revenge title and
continuing to use Panama Joe as the leading character. However, with a
few miner name changes such as a new name of character and title the
game can successfully be copyrighted as an original work.
As a result I have thought of some new titles that are similar to the
game, but be  hopefully a bit different.

Moctezuma's Revenge
The revenge of Montezuma
The Revenge of Moctezuma

Finally, I have had a large number of requests to return Angela to the
game. In light of my copyright issues that might not be such a bad idea.
A new character, including a female one, a new name, etc would all aid
in placing distance between me and the original work without really
altering the game that much. Any thoughts, suggestions, and feedback?