Hello list,
This is a friendly reminder from your moderators to please remember to
give your emails quality subject lines that accurately describe the
subject matter you wish to discuss. This is important for two very good
reasons.
One, many people do not read messages that do not seam to be of any
interest to them. So if you are asking a question about Shades of Doom,
Monte, whatever and you have a subject like Hi, Hello, A question For
You, etc many people in a hurry will pass the question by because they
don't know what the message is about and may not have time to scan it
for content. I myself usually pass up messages that appear not to have
any interesting content. I get on average 200 emails a day between two
email accounts. As a result i am one of those who can't read each and
every email so I go strait for the ones that seam the most important and
trash the rest.
Second, everything we write on list is archived for future access. If a
gamer wants to research the archives for an answer to a puzzle he or she
has with a game a good subject line will help him or her identify the
email of most help to him/her. A really great walkthrough of Shades of
Doom could be in the archives but if it is filed under an anonomous
subject like Hello then the researcher will have much more difficulty
locating it than if it was given a subject like Shades of Doom
Walkthrough or SOD Walkthrough.
Also often times subject matter thends to change during the course of a
thread. When that happens it is good list practice to rename the subject
line to reflect the new topic. For example, if you are talking Monte and
Raceway comes up in the topic maybe a new subject line could be Raceway
was Monte.
So please remember to give each and every email an appropriate subject
line that describes in a few words what game and topic the email relates to.
Thanks.