Hi Jose,
Two of the best war simulation games out their for the blind is GMA Tank
Commander and Lonewolf. Tank Commander is a modern tank fighting
simulation game, and Lonewolf is a World War II submarine game which is
quite nice. No they are not  free, but worth every penny.
Recently L-Works.net put out Judgment Day which is a game where you are
a base defending your base from swarms of helicopters, jets, bombers,
and all kinds of crap. Usually, it isn't my style of game, but judgement
Day is pretty good for the type of genre it is.
If you are exclusively looking for free games two games i can suggest is
Chopper Patrol and Enemy Attack. They are basically point and shoot
games and shooting down enemy choppers and stuff. Oh, and Damien
released Chopper Challenge which is free as well. RS Games has Shoot Da
Me. So that should give you a start in your war game collection.