Hi Sarah,
Actually your first bug report isn't a bug but a feature of Beta 7. You
now can carry 5 swords and potions at a time. In addition, I
redistributed the swords throughout the game to start the game off easy
and steadily get more challenging the deeper you get into the game.
For example, on levels 1/2 you will find 5 swords. By level 5 you will
only find like 3 swords. By level 6 you will find only two swords. in
this way it gets more challenging, because you will have less and les
swords to find and use against the monsters.