Quote from the walk through
On this level Dobby gives you more than just verbal help.
He may give you a bottle of butterbeer, or a pair of used socks.
End quote
Activating the mirror I only hear dobby sayhing|: miss, dobby is by far you,
miss have found all the items on this floor but there is more upstairs. I
have activated the mirror numerous times but that is the only thing I hear
dobby sayhing.
After dobby disaparated I checked my inventory but haven't find any butter
beer or socks and I have been to all  corridors on this floor. I have marked
each branching corridor and classroom with a burning line and I have visited
them all, the only thing I can find is the fake doors and the boys bathroom.
I've  tried activating the mirror  everywhere, in the broom cupboard, near
the fake doors, in a classroom, in the toilet,  dobby only says this one
thing each time I activate the mirror.
I suspect that once sarah turns into the headmaster dobby will then give him
the butter beer and socks but since the socks is  needed for  the potion I
doubt that is the solution.