Hi Bryan,

> Like I said, could you imagine the headlines? It's one thing
> to sue a rapper
> for using Pacman sounds in one of his songs since he's likely
> to have the
> money, but suing a blind game developer who is just one
> person is far more
> likely to attract unfavorable attention than suing some rich
> rapper dude.

Yes, but so many single people are being sued for money they don't have.
Think about all the people who use file sharing programs instead of
legally buying the music they like. Also, having to pay money is only
one possibility. I think people also had to go to jail for using or just
downloading copyrighted materials. I believe you could even say writing
audiogames using copyrighted music etc. is even worse than file sharing
- after all when you use a file sharing program you mostly just download
the copyrighted stuff whereas when you write an audiogame you widely
redistribute the copyrighted stuff...
And how could big mainstream companies lose their faces? OK, maybe there
will be some discussions but after the next great video / game or
whatever all will be forgiven and forgotten...
Robin