Press fn and M at the same time and that will simulate an insert. For
that matter, pressing fn turns the right side of the alphabet keyboard
into a number pad. You can google around for the keyboard layout
exactly, but basically the M is the zero key, jkl are 123, uio are 456,
and 789 are 789 as if it was a number pad. All while holding down the fn
key which if the laptop is a good one, will be located at the bottom
left edge of the keyboard. I've seen laptops which don't have it here
and I've not purchased them for that exact reason. Of course, you can
always get an external USB foldable keyboard or a USB floppy keyboard
which you can roll up, spit on, throw up on, or lick if you choose, and
it will still work.

Good luck.

Raul A. Gallegos .. http://www.asmodean.net