Hi Mike,
Yeah, several others have mentioned this issue with me as well. What is
happening is that one of the ledge sounds is too short, and usually you
wind up in the fire, on some spikes, or taking a lava bath before you
realise you should stop. I've patched this in the unstable version I am
working on here, but won't be releasing the updates until January sometime.