Hi Ari,
Well, to be honest about it my personal opinion is that Emacspeak and
the Emacs text games are highly over rated. Emacspeak does support some
software speech engines, but I have never liked it for the fact it is
restricted to the Emacs environment. As for the Emacs text games they
are basically stuff like hangman and soletaire. Nothing to write home about.
If you are looking for the best speech solution going it is Orca which
comes with Ubuntu 7.10 already pre-configured to work with Espeak TTS
for Linux. With Orca you can do some web based games like Sryth once you
get the hang of Firefox for Linux with Orca, and you also can use z code
interpretors for text adventures. Your gaming and over all options are
greatly improved by using Orca Which is why I will be showing off Orca
and allot of Gnome desktop applications in my podcast on Linux
accessibility.
However, as for doing one on the Ubuntu install, partitioning drives,
etc that will be a long time coming, but I may do one someday. The
problem is my Linux system is a stand alone system, no Windows on it,
and it is currently up to date. I don't want to kill my Linux
installation just to do a podcast. Though, I will show you an accessible
way to upgrade an existing Linux installation from say 7.10 to 8.x when
it comes out.
Before I close this email I will just say this about the accessible cd
install. The command isn't f2. When the Ubuntu Live cd boots it will
come to a boot options screen. The only way I can usually tell it is
there is because the cd rom drive stops spinning for 30 seconds or so.
You need to press f5 for the accessible installations options, and arrow
to install with screen reader support. The menu looks something like this.

None
High Contrast
Screen Magnifyer
Screen Reader

There are some other options after screen reader, but I have never used
them. if you select screen reader it will allow you to do the install
using Orca.
Any further questions non-game related should probably go to me personally.
Cheers.