Hello everyone,
Ok, the off topic posts have gone on long enough. Plese, let us sease
with the off topic posts and get things back to more or less game
related topics. Cara has setup a general discussion list for these
unrelated off topic posts, and I suggest anyone who wants to discuss
something off topic for this list head over there to chat.
As for why Kevin, Raul, and I generally do not allow off topic posts
there are several factors in our decision. If we allow one person to
post even one off topic post others tend to join in and begin discussing
stuff that has nothing to do with gaming. The point of this list is to
discuss games and not what your  favorite author is, how cool last
nights movie was, how to do something with Window Eyes or Jaws, etc. The
owners/moderators of this list feel it is in the list's best interests
to talk about gaming and game related topics only.
Nicol brought up the point of email client message rules. While that is
doable the moderators of the list do not feel any lister should be
forced to create message filters or message rules to block off topic
posts just because a handful of posters want to discuss something other
than games on the list. It is up to the moderators to filter and create
the message rules for the list, and we do that filtering. Besides which
allot of posters don't often change subject lines accordingly, and it is
completely possible that off topic content would be found in emails with
on topic subject lines. So message rules in an email client wouldn't be
an effective way of blocking off topic posts.
So without delay let us all get things back on topic. Thanks.