Hi Jim,

You know that before I wrote my dos card games such as black jack and
draw poker
we had no such games.
End quote

Actually, I did not know that. I joined the Audyssey comunity around
1999 or 2000 when Lonewolf and Trek 99 was just coming out. Before that
I wasn't even aware of a public mailing list and magazine for blind
gamers. Before I knew about this comunity I was writing my own text
based games for Linux in C++ for my C++ courses in college. They were
games like Battleship, Hangman, Black Jack, and they were used mainly as
practice games but I played them allot at the time.

I think that there is room for all types of games and I know that
different people have different likes and
dislikes for games.
End quote

I am not disagreeing with that point at all. I agree there is plenty of
room for all kinds of games, and am not suggesting there should be one
kind of game. I have played my share of Monopoly, NFL, and your card
games just as much as the rest of the average gamers on this list, and
like them.
What I was trying to point out was that for me I was extremely
disappointed that back in 99 or so when I first joined this comunity
most of the discussion centered around card games, board games, and
games like Lonewolf were just starting to come out. I had been hoping
for something more along the lines of what I had been playing with my
friends in college like Top Gun, Jedi Knight, Tomb Raider, Quake, Mech
Warrior, etc....
Of course, at the time I was still learning the basics of programming,
and neither had the experience or skills to write my own Mech Warrior or
Tomb Raider clone. I also didn't have the concept how long or how
complicated such an under taking would be. I know now exactly what is
needed to write such a game, and can do so. That is why I started USA Games.

 I for one do not care for the first person shooter games.  And
I know many others that have told me the same.  I am not into violent
games at all.
End quote

This is probably do to the diference in our ages. statistically speaking
children who grew up in the 70's, 80's, and 90's tend to be drawn to
more violent and action centered games, because that is what the vidio
game industry produced in large quanities.
The people who grew up in the 50's and 60's before vidio games were a
reality, tend to enjoy pinball, card games, and board games over more
action oriented games. So I am not surprised at all that your interests
in gaming are different.
If I look at my own family as an example the statistics are right on the
money. My step mom and my dad tend to play games like Pretty Good
Solitaire, Majong, and other games of that nature. I tend to play games
like Montezuma's Return and Shades of Doom with more violence and action
and adventure in them.

I did not get a chance to play many of the computer games that you
have.  The games
that I played were back in the days of Pole Position, Pong, Space
Invaders, Pac Man,
bowling, baseball and football
End quote

I was really small when those games came out, but I do remember playing
those games well up until I was 10 or so when everyone at school had NES
games and it wasn't cool to tell your friends you were still playing
Space Invaders. Around 88 or so the games like Double Dragon, Bad Dudes,
Legend of Kage, Top Gun, etc were the games I played because that was
what my peer group played.
However, I don't want to give the impression all I played were vilent
games. There were some really good racing games for the NES and there
were basketball, football, and baseball games for the NES as well. There
were games like Mario that had some violence in it, but was more about
adventure than violence.
I think if you would have had the chanse to play some games like Mario
you probably would have loved them. I know my parents loved the game,
and as I stated above they usually go for card games and stuff like
that. So personal experience with some games helps as well.