Jeremy,

I wrote the sound part of the 7-128 Software games.

It sounds like you have the Game Voice (our name for FreeTTS) on at the
same time as JAWS.

Just press the Equals Key and wait for a moment.
That turns the Game Voice off and on.
The Game Voice itself should say "Game Voice is off" when you do this.

If you want the Game Voice back on, just press the Equals Key again and
wait for a moment.
The Game Voice should then say "Game Voice is on."

When you exit the Game Book, it remembers whether you have the Game Voice
on or off, so you only have to do this once.

Once you have the speech the way you want it, you might press the F2 key to
get tips especially organized for gamers who are blind. Try this anywhere
in the Game Book and you should get information specific to where you are.

John Bannick
CTO
7-128 Software