Hi chris i an interested. Couldn respond anywhere but here at this time. Write
me off list at mmaslo1964 at swbell.net

-original message-
Subject: [Audyssey] The Burning Wheel and an opportunity for on-line role
playing.
From: Christopher Bartlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 03/06/2008 8:18 am

Good morning ladies and gents.

I would like to run an on-line game role-playing game, possibly using
Skype or maybe one of the chat sites.  The game I want to run is
called the Burning Wheel, and you can find information about it from
http://www.burningwheel.org

In brief, BW is a fantasy game, but emphasizes character play and
goals over treasure questing and monster killing.  Each character has
a set of beliefs and instincts that the player is rewarded for
bringing into the story.  These beliefs and instincts drive the story
of the game play; while the GM can introduce other plot elements,
it's really the characters who force the action.

If you are interested in being a player in this game, please contact
me off list.  I will take the first four people who contact me and we
will discuss how to proceed off list.

The game is not free.  You can purchase it from the author's web
site.  It's not available as an electronic download, but the author
has agreed to make the electronic version available to blind players
on an individual basis.  In doing so, he is taking a non-trivial risk
that these files will be spread all over the Internet, so I ask you
please if you are going to purchase the files from him, please treat
him with the same honor and trust he is showing by permitting
this.  And do not even ask me to send you the files.

It isn't required that you purchase the game to play, but I highly
recommend it, as this is not a simple game to learn and rewards rules
knowledge, at least of the basic concepts.

Again, please contact me if you are interested in playing.

        Christopher Bartlett