Hi Cara,
In some ways I think the Mac Leopard voices are better than Cepstral or
Scansoft. I recently had a chance to play with a MacBook running Leopard
on it and the Alex voice blew me away. The thing sounded like it was
breathing and the pauses between sentences were dead on natural. I'd
love to be able to use Alex in an audio game as it is as human as a
software speech engine can get.