wow you seem to be stuck with this approach.
I started programming with java script, html and freepascal about 3 years ago
for a year.
I even got c# to start doing things.
The reason I quit in the end was I kept forgetting my stuff, where things were,
etc.
And at first the idea of programming sounded glorious, I could actually make
software.
The reality of it is its hard as hell, not to discurrage you or anything but it
can be boring and frustrating especially if you don't know what you are doing.
And I guess programming aint my thing.
NOt to say that at some point it may be.
One day I may actually try java, mainly because I use the runtimes of sun and
they are for the most part accessible and quite fast.
There is not a tonn of hard drive space taken up by the resource kits I need.
at least 4gb if I had all the visual studio express files, at least 2 gb for
resource kits, dx9 and xact, sapi5, and 4.
dx8, dot net 1 2 3 and 3.5.
I decided not to bother, wasting a good 10gb on just programming aah nope.