Hi Ryan,
I don't know. I've never tried it, but I imagine Apple Script wouldn't
be all that good an option for writing accessible games. As I pointed
out in my article SDL for Mac is not an especially powerful game
programming API. Especially, when it is compared directly with what
DirectX has to offer for XBox and Windows games. The lack of a good API
like DirectX on the Mac is in large part what is holding Mac OS back.
The Cider project for Mac is a game emulator for Mac that can run native
Windows DirectX and Windows PC games on the Mac which for now seams to
be the only solution to having good games at all on the Mac. This
problem is true for both Mainstream and accessible game titles. If
gaming is your thing the Mac isn't where the gold is.
Cheers.