ok.
I may be able to help.
can you send me the list of things and I can probably tell you if I
can get anything.
I will comment where these things are and what happened.

At 12:04 PM 4/30/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone, and especially Hi to phil.
>
>as people who've been hanging about the audiogames.net forum might
>know, the richard and Sander, the site admins have for some odd
>reason decided to take on a chap called Cx2 and myself as site admins.
>
>so, our first major task is to update and maintain the games list on
>audiogames.net, which means writing pages and providing corret link
>info (as well as additional resources), for every single audio game.
>
>yes, this is a bit like the twelve labours of hercules! but we
>certainly intend to get the thing up to date, even if it takes a while.
>
>Anyway, something I've been using a lot is Phil's fantastic games
>list, ---- thanks again Phil it's a great resource.
>
>I've gone through Phil's list and compiled a list of all the
>websites that are either 4004 errors, no sign of developement for a
>considderable time, or have their games hosted on different pages,
>or (and this is where some help would be appreciated), I get
>something confusing, ie, a files index page but no site.
>
>so first, does anyone know about any of these sites?
>
>And second, I was wondering if this list might be of help to Phil.
>
>As I said, the fantastic games list is great, and is going to help
>me a lot. the audiogames.net archive (once updated), will hopefully
>be useful for getting detailed information and resources (eg game
>forums, mailing lists etc), about the various games, and searching
>by catagories like genre or license type, ---- if you want to know
>about freeware sport games for example.
>
>but it won't provide the quick and easy websites reference that
>phil's list does, or the ability to just sit back, and skim through
>a long page with quick summaries of the games, and picking out
>something interesting.
>
>anyway, here's the list of problem sites:
>
>Bad sites list.
>
>Ratings:
>
>vanished: site is a 4004, status of games or projects is not known.
>
>Elsewhere: Games are hosted elsewhere, probably x-site or usa games.
>
>Dnd: developement but no download. Long time in developement status,
>but no betas or even trailers available.
>
>Unknown: something confusing, more info required.
>
>marval soft: Vanished.
>
>fantasy storm net: elsewhere.
>All games are now on x-sight-interactive.net.

they are up at least when I checked last week they were.
This also applies to a couple of xl studios games.

>Code factory vanished!
>Code factory has quit the vi games market, forgot when, and their
>games have gone with them.

They do mobile phone software now.

>The blind eye: Vanished.
>This was discontinued, to be honest it never was a hit, and was
>quite well lacking.

>Bascentral: vanished.
>I think this is part of bpcgames.com I think thats the site.

However since you really need dos to play this stuff and gwbasic I
don't know why you would bother.

>Beautiful ears: Vanished.
>I havn't heard about that or marvelsoft for ages.

>Cris Lewis's university project: Vanished.
>Not sure on that one.

some projects like starbase defender and flight commander seem to
either have gone away or been put on indefinate hold due to time
issues on the part of the dev.

>Audio adventure engine: dnd.
>Hmm this was on enspiredcode.net.

I know it went through a beta cycle, but there was never a release or
at lease an announcement of one.

>Rwf talking software: Vanished!
>
>Xl studios: elsewhere.
>This stuff is now x-sight-interactive.net.

xlstudios is no more.

>Nick Adamson's software: vanished!
>Yeah he has gone, including email.

He was supposed to be doing fc but ran out of time or something.