Hi people.

My exploration of smugglers 2 continues, and is proving interesting. Using the
list box and Hal's read line key (F6), inter system trading isn't too bad,
though with a lot more different goods to look throug        h it does take
longer, possibley it'll speed up when i know the markit better. Looting though
seems much more lucrative, especially as cargo space seems much larger, and
there is actually a catagory of ship wreck parts. The game also features more
diverse text for missions and for news reports, or at least a greater amount
than I noticed in S3. You can also accept missions fromthe independent trader
coorp (which I'm guessing is what eventually turns into the confederation), so
even if your in trouble with the governing body on whatever planet your on,
---- the federation or the outer rim alliance, you can stil have missions.
Crime is also more interesting, sinse you actually get court summonsis, and
obviously as it's set just at the start of the war, rather than when things
have really gone for a burten as in S3, the lores are stricter, and illegal
trading is more difficult, ---- you actually have to go in the bar and find the
syndicate in order to buy illegal goods from them, and finding them is tricky.

I have however run into one problem which is rather annoying, there seems no
way to buy weapon upgrades at all! I've tried clicking on the names of weapons
and get nothing, even though i had the cash. I'm not sure whether this is
something to do with planet types, ship types or rank or something else, or
whether it's a screen reader issue. Missiles seem very weerd, in fact I think
you buy a missile type which you then get one time use of in battle, because
sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, and I can't be sure when.

It's entirely possible that buying equipment upgrades just doesn't exist in the
demo version, ---- like in game sound, especially as prices for ships are much
lower (a shaddow cat is only 33.00), and various ship types are much more
available.

I would ask on the nielsbauer forum, but it's annoyingly down for maintenance
at the moment.

I'll go on experimenting and see what I can find. It'd be nice if this game was
playable as well, especially as the new lands add-on for the game sounds
interesting.