you'd think so.
Unfortunately most devs, excluding the new ones that have come in the last year
or 2 and even then some of those including the old ones use old tech.
Some are trying to upgrade others are not bothered to do that right now and
others can't be bothered at all.
Its the nature of the beast.
We have been able to use old tech for ages and we can see no point of changing
it.
ANd if we are forced to, we generally find ways to well do that lagit or
otherwise.
But if the libs go, well it will get harder and harder for the stuff to go on.
Much of the reason that the old guys have not been left in the dust is there
are vary few newbys round that are willing to start from the ground up in some
of the advanced languages and new tech.
I am not taking this out on any dev rather am using the general mood of the
list over the years.
Its my opinion that we will never be quite ahead with the tech that exists.
Understandable but still.
So what is the worse that can happen?
Well a load of companies will either have to upgrade or dissapear alltogether.
I have invisioned sometime dreamed about what the blind gaming industry would
be in 100 years.
Then I think of the freenet revolution.
Companies thinking of having free networks for the internet, etc.
The moddel didn't work, additional costs and other things made it really a non
proffit thing probably costing more than it should or could and no way to
recoop even with payed support, adds, etc.
I think there is a danger that blind gaming will die all together if something
is not done and soon.
Ok I aggree that in the shortfall we may see a reduction but unless something
happens soon well no gaming market.
its not really a money maker most should know this by now.
In the short term there may be a way with older hardware and coppys of old
oses, ebay and other things, I hope myself to buy large quantities of systems
at some stage so I can still use things.
However xp drivers will not come as readily as needed and new drivers for new
hardware, well good luck for that now.
So we are left with old hardware.
That means that its eventually going to get almost impossible to get it.
I have a couple systems meaning I probably can continue for a number of years.
If I play my cards right i probably can get an old desktop I have with the
required system loaded on it.
But that is not going to last me all my life, well it may do but still.
So at some point something will have to give or we will have to do something.
Truth is we don't need much  to crash the entire market.
We don't get much stimulation, I mean when has the last game come out which is
not the same as all the others and when one has how long has it all lasted.
I hoped that we would manage to get longside the sighted gaming industry but
that may never happen.