Hi Patrick,
I have to agree here that a game is after all just a game. When you get
into the player verses player, pvp, kind of game you get a much wider
group of players that are each looking for something different out of
that game. I think many of the, shall we say complainers, haven't had
much experience dealing with the pvp style of play where part of the fun
is trying to evade and escape from those bloody pirates who will blast
your ship, leave you stranded, or otherwise terrorize your online
character. It is just a game, and I personally think pvp play is more
fun, because not all the enemies or trouble makers aren't AI driven drones.
So what if you want to play the part of a dirty pirate? All that means
is a player needs to be on guard, take proper safety precautions, and if
they get blown up they can start over and work their way back up again.
Challenging, but makes the game more interesting. We all win some we all
lose some.