Hi, this is Che, the developer of rail racer, sorry for the delayed response, been busy with other stuff the past few weeks. Regarding multi player racing, you are given a list of tracks to race on, once you select a track, it is started on my server and is open for other racers to join. naming the race is not necessary, just let your friends know what track to meet on. We have tested races with 20 players at once with no slow down, although the average race is 3 or 4 players. as it stands, you cannot limit the number of racers. if you are used to top speed, rail racers MP racing isn't like that at all. instead of connecting to another players computer to race, you connect to my high speed dedicated server, which makes things much easier and more reliable, no looking up IP addresses and all that. as for a tutorial, i haven't done one, though I can if it is needed. however, i do include MP instructions in the online manual, which can be located at my site:
www.blindAdrenaline.com
From the feedback I have received from players, this is the best online system currently available to us blind gamers, due to the ease of use and reliability of the dedicated server, and will be the model for my upcoming games, one of which should be released in time for christmas, so keep up with the list here, as i will be announcing it here when it is ready for play. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I will be checking the list here more often the next few weeks.
 Take care,
Che(pronounced Shay)
www.blindAdrenaline.com
Games from one of us, for all of us.

----- Original Message ----- From: "constantine (on laptop)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 4:57 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] rail racer questions

Hi there,

Looking to order rail racer. Have some questions about multiplayer racing and other things.

1. I want to get this for more than 1 computer. Are the keys computer based? 2. When I join a game, do I get a list of games to join? Or if I start a game, can I name it? 3. What if I'd only like to have 1 person race me? Is there a way to control that?
4. What ports do I have to have open on my router when I start a game?
5. How do classes work? How much money to you get for getting in first place? How many opponents are there in each race? 6. Does anyone know if Che's done a multiplayer tutorial- or am I missing something?

thanks

contact details:

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

and others
msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100 gb 4500 RPM Hard Drive, connecsant AC-link audio