Hello All,

I have posted a similar message on Audiogames.net and Dark there also
suggested I post here.

I'm new to accessible games so please bear with me. I work on the
webteam at the UK charity Action for Blind People and I would like to
start promoting accessible games through our site.

As a starter I thought it would be a good idea to post a 'Top 5 Games
this Christmas' list which I would like to develop further in the New
Year possibly with reviews but more likely with promotion of and links
to AudioGames.net and Audyssey.org and their users.

I'm not entirely sure how it might work if we don't have a definitive
list to vote on to begin with. So with Dark's help I thought maybe we
could run a submissions form on the Action for Blind People website
where everybody could submit their favourite games by interface type;

*        Text based

*        3D Audio game

*        2D Audio game

Interface type is for simplicity reasons. At the moment I don't know
enough about the games to be getting involved in genre listings and
would like to keep it simple this time round. Maybe we could look to
develop this in the New Year. After a week of submissions I will count
them up and put the top games up in each category for a public vote from
which we would have a 'Top Games this Christmas' winners list

Slightly crude I know but it would be a start. I don't think the polling
system we have on the Action site is sophisticated enough to run a
proper poll with a number of lists but I will investigate further.

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Jason

Jason Bell

Digital Media Officer

Action for Blind People

Tel: 0207 635 4902

Fax: 0207 635 4899

Action for Blind People is an expert national organisation, ensuring
blind and partially sighted people get practical support in all aspects
of their lives.

For more information phone us on our National Freephone Helpline 0800
915 4666 or visit our fully accessible website
www.actionforblindpeople.org.uk
<http://www.actionforblindpeople.org.uk/> .

e-mail

Registered Charity no 205913

Action for Blind People is an expert national organisation, ensuring blind and
partially sighted people get practical support in all aspects of their lives.

For more information phone us on our National Freephone Helpline 0800 915 4666
or visit our fully accessible website
www.actionforblindpeople.org.uk

Please consider your environmental responsibilities before printing this email.

Registered Charity no 205913

This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author’s prior permission.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software
viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment
to this message. Action for Blind People cannot accept liability for any loss
or damage caused by software viruses.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is powered by
MessageLabs.
For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the
clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk