Hi Dark,
I gave up on my scripting for the game, even with scripts, I saw it was going to be too cumbersome for the casual gamer unless major accomodations were made for the blind. I may see where the game is when I get done with my own current projects, and pick it up from there.
 Later,
che

To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 11:00 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Compatibility mode complete in smugglers 4

Hi.

Jus thought anyone playing S4 would appreaciate knowing that the program is now up to 1.1. Included in the various updates is the textifying of the fleet combat and all screens in the game, which is great.

I'd stil personally like to see the ability to minimize the traide window so that you can view the prices for the selected commodity on each planet, but this does mean that essentially the game is entirely now playable (though trading is a trifle slow for the moment).

Also new in the upgrade is apparently a new battleship class, battlegroup, comprising a battleship and several escorts, which sounds cool, though annoyingly my battleship game is saved on my laptop, and sinse the wireless bit of my dsl internet box isn't currently working, I can't download onto it at the second.

if you download a fresh copy of the game, it'll be v1.1. But if people need to upgrade, you can get the upgrade on http://nbsd.fileburst.com/Smugglers4Patch.zip

Out of interest, how're the scripting efforts for Jaws going with S4?

i know a couple of people such as Che martin were looking into writing script files to fix the compatibility issues, and imho this would be a really good thing as there is so much more to the game even than S3. If script files are written, please let me know. I'll be creating a game page for S4 for audiogames.net very soon (I was just waiting until the compatibility mode was finished), and if files are created, obviously I'd want to put a link to them there.

Beware the Grue!