To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A question about the great toy robery?

Oh, gosh, just do not really uninstall the whole screen reader from your system. :-D That would of course be a disaster, just turn it off or put it to sleep before starting the game. Many applications, including games, of course, that use a complex input based on the arrow keys, interfere with the way Jaws processes the key presses on its own, so it has to be shut down or sleeping for the program to work properly. Window-Eyes does no harm and the game can capture the keyboard freely, I don't know about any other screen readers such as NVDA or Hall.
Lukas
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Standen" <dstanden1...@bigpond.com>