Hi.
I would probably try useing python with pygame.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Scott Chesworth
  To: gamers@audyssey.org
  Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:45 PM
  Subject: [Audyssey] advice/guidance on a game for a uni project

  Hi folks,

  Just subscribed here after having a poke around in the archives. There
  seems to be a few developers on the list and hopefully a ton of
  newbies like me, so this shouldn't be too much of a taxing question
  for a first post.

  I'm a totally blind guy from London UK. Currently undertaking the last
  few modules of a music technology degree, and I have a module starting
  in a few weeks entitled Experimental Sound.  In an ideal world, I'd
  create a little cross platform game that my marker could play (there
  is an emphasis on little here lol) with a couple of chalenges they
  have to work through as a blind person.  The maps would be very basic,
  environments/objects/landmarks/all sounds can be collected easily with
  a few hours work and a decent recorder if I can find a day when it's
  not raining here hehe.  My issue is, I can't code for toffee.  I took
  a few classes in delphi many moons ago, know a fair bit of html and
  css stuff, so the concepts of programming aren't totally alien to me,
  but I've never attempted anything like this.

  So I guess what I'm looking for is advice to get me started.  Is there
  a simple-ish way of generating something that would run on windows/mac
  in particular?  Are there any tutorials/podcast/articles you'd
  recommend to get me started?  If it helps, I can give an outline of
  the first mission I had plans for to give you a better idea of how
  simple this needs to be in comparrison to the commercial audio-based
  titles, but I'll keep a lid on it for now seeing as this is getting
  long already.

  TIA...
  Scott