Hi,
And add to that the fact that the .NET Framework and related languages are rapidly growing in the software development community. Both blind and sighted developers are leaving languages such as C++, Visual Basic 6, etc and are developing applications that are .NET based. Even the Mac and Linux have open source versions of .NET, called mono, that can run several .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications without too much trouble. I could, in theory, write up a program, say a notepad type text editor, on Linux, and run that same .NET based program on Mac, Windows, Windows Mobile devices, whatever. Eventually, there is going to come a day when you can't run a Mac, Linux, or Windows machine without having a .NET Framework of some kind installed to run some of your applications. In my opinion not installing a .NET Framework is going to be very limiting in the long run.

Che wrote:
Yah, I agree with Thomas here. .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 have been around the block several times and I wouldn't regard it the latest and greatest of anything, but rather a proven and totally stable piece of architecture that allows you to do more with your computer than you can without it. I agree with the if it ain't broke philosophy to a point, but eventually you get to a point where you are limiting yourself and your own possibilities, both for fun and maybe work in this case. Take the steering wheel for example. Wasn't there a possibility of it screwing up your system when you installed the drivers? Sure, but a possibility so minimal it was hardly worth considering. Same goes for .net frameword and direct x, which are both just extensions of windows. I'm not trying to convert you either Jim man, but I don't want folks on list here to get the idea that installing .net frameworks or updating direct x is a potential system riskof any significance, because that simply isn't the case, and almost all game developers on here need folks to be comfortable with those installs and updates.
Later,
che