  From: Che
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 12:49 PM
  Subject: [Audyssey] Using braille displays with accessible games

    Hi all,
    I am almost done with my online card games hearts and hold em poker.
    I am wanting to include braille output for those dependant on braille
displays.
    Both games can currently use jaws as the speech engine as well as sapi, so
it seems it wouldn't be too hard to convert the output to work with braille.
    I cannot read braille myself, but if anyone is on list that can either test
the games with a braille display or let me know where I can get more info on
making jaws play nice with braille displays, I'd really appreciate it.
    And before anyone says it isn't worth the time due to the few folks playing
games with braille, sometimes you just got to do the right thing and put
yourself in another persons shoes. I know if I were deaf and blind, I would
very much appreciate having access to entertainment like this.  If it helps
only one person take their mind off their troubles for a little hwile, it is
well worth it.
    Thanks for any help,
    Che
  c...@blindadrenaline.com