its viable.
Quality is good if you have a fast connection.
one only need the client to run it.
quite accessible.

there are even file transfers although these are slow I havn't seen it really
being used for this but I've used it.
hmmm if there is a server already up then no issue, the host needs to make a
chanel although I think you can make perminant channels on the server not sure.