Hi Ron,
The problem is that Vista's new user account control management will not allow you to unzip files to the c:\Program Files directory as a standard user. You need to run the setup as administrator or disable user account control to install Jim's games under Vista. For example, arrow to one of Jim's games and press the context menu key. In that pull down menu you will get an option for Run as Administrator. Press enter. UAC will ask you to confirm this action. Tell it to continue and then the file will unzip in the c:\Program Files\Kitchinsinc folder normally. Now, rather than installing your games to c:\Program Files I recommend installing to
c:\Users\Your User Name\Games
for one very important reason. Windows Vista user account control will not allow you to save settings, save games, etc to the c:\Program Files directory. Save games etc need to be saved in your App Data directory or somewhere else in your local home directories. If this all sounds too confusing and you want Windows XP functionality back do yourself a favor and turn UAC management off. You can do this by going to the control panel, selecting user accounts, and going to user account control. Uncheck it, restart,the system and problem is gone.
Smile.

RONALD HOPKINS wrote:
Hello. This is Ron. I just got a new laptop comp running vista. I downloaded the kitchens inc folder, and can play life, but when I try to download other games from that site, they won't exstract to the kitchens inc folder? Another question, I downloaded tarzan jr, it works, but runs a bit slow. Is there anyway to speed the game up?