Hello, baseball fans looks like its time to update you all on my
Strat-o-Matic project.
As many know of my years of work on the many sport games of strat, I will cover basebase here.

The SOM computer game is now in its 14th version.
It has a new graphical interface.
Now this does not mean that it is no long a text game.
Instead just in the way it handles on field Icons like pitchers, batter and fielders.
Much of the game is the same including game play.
The new interface has help me and other ways not so much.

With the new interface has done was to make all ball parks to be more flexable during net play. No long does the blind gamer have to reset up his frames to fit an unknown set up that a person with vision has for his ball park.
Each computer in the hook up will use their settings.
Smiles, a big point I make with the company.
Along with a few other items I had brought to their attention.

As now we have blind gamers playing the game with my Jaws configurations along with the basketball game.

The web site to get the Jaws configurations to play the baseball computer game is at:

http://playball.ws

I did have to take off the basketball zip file off the site for reasons of space. But if you want a copy of these configurations or the football or hockey game just email me at:

gary...@cableone.net

rest of the news for the baseball computer game is only that I am working on
creating more ball park configurations. I have over 20 parks that includes old Yankees Stadium to Minnesota Metrodome.
From old parks to the new are on the playball.ws SOM instructional juke box.
Just click on the link at the bottom of the page.
The juke box can provide you who the game works and played.
These audios are pre new interface, but will show the game off.
I no longer carry the demo game on the site, so listening to the audio files is the only way is to find out if
Strat-o-Matic baseball computer game is for you.
The start up package or the SombbZip.zip files does have a help file and a hot key file.

The biggest imrovement I made with the Jaws configurations is there is a installer file in the zip file. This makes it a one step of installing all files and for updateing your game Jaws configuration fiels.

If you do need a certain ball park configurations, I will crank one out for you.
In fact its  got pretty ease to do this now Phil.

The version 14 also has its newest feature of not only can 2 gamers play head to head over the net, but
others can join in and watch the game as spectators.
It now uses the same game server as the football game, much like a voice chat room syste.
My friend David and I are presently working on getting this going.
Having some problems when the host computer with Jaws locks up when the other person with Jaws gets his pre game set up screen. Smiles, so we are very close, and this little problem, hoping a little one, can be solved, we be playing ball.

What esle is happening with me and the SOM baseball Computer game.
Still in the league of HRFL, the Historical Retro Franchise League.
Where I been a member since season 1933 and now its 1946 just had our All Star Game.
This game was also played on line, very cool!
My Cubbies fell short in 1945, their pennat year and have gone under 500 in 1946. My White Sox team also in the same league with all managers having sight, has a little better record, Smiles, but not much.

We are in the midddle of trades talks with the Reds to pick up Hank Sauer for the Cubs. And going to need to pick up a free agent for the Cubs. Ran out of At Bats for my Catchers. I had an All Star Catcher on the Cubs and it was hard to set him to rest and now I have to pick up a catcher with enough ABs to carry me to the end of the season.
And it looks like this catcher has a +4 arm.  Not good.
Good new in the All Star Game I had one of my pitchers pick up the win.
Bragging rights ! Yes!
White Sox had some all stars as well as my Gold Glove outfielder with the league leading steals of 29.

So, Phil and Dennis, having fun at the old ball park and have to go and check on my trades offers.

Crash

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Vlasak" <p...@pcsgames.net>