To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 2:58 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] solution for jaws and fs2004 issues

hi list.
luckily no need to talk to fs about the jaws issues and fs2004.

lol perhaps jaws should be renamed so it stands for jobless access with speech.

anyway, on to my solution.

I have checked this by doing several restarts of the simulator and jaws is still holding up nicely. you only need to do the following if you load fs2004 and you then find your jaws gets completely screwed up as in you are not getting edit field titles announced, and when you root jaws cursor to pc info is not being read.
the only way til now to fix the jaws problems was a total pc restart.
trust me you will no if you have to follow this procedure.

perhaps this should be posted on the blind pilots project for future reference, and maybe mentioned in a podcast.

anyway, the solution to the jaws issue is as follows
I found this when reading about other nasty issues people have with fs2004.

you are going to have to edit the fs2004 cfg file.

Now in order to find this, you are going to need to go into your documents and settings folder under c. next, you are going to need to go to the account for which fs2004 is installed, so if its administrator that account for example.
if its not there, just keep trying you will find it eventually.
when you are under that account, look for a folder called application data. When in there, look for the folder called microsoft, and under that the folder called fs9.

Now you are at the location where the cfg file is located.
I would suggest before editing it in case you make a complete mess of it you back the file up. done that? right now open the file in notepad, just pressing enter on it should work.
now hears what you need to look for
you should be able to find a line called
FULL_SCREEN=1
you need to change that value of 1 to 0
so the line should look like this
FULL_SCREEN=0

then save it and close the file.
changing that value tells fs2004 to start in window mode not full screen mode. I have no idea why it fixed my issue, seeing as the jaws problems continued even after fs2004 was unloaded, but from what I read on the net doing this has helped a lot of people out, and it seems to have solved my problems.
Let me know if this helps anyone else out.