Although I'm not Harry, thanks for the birthday present.
---
Shepherds are the best beasts.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Vlasak" <p...@pcsgames.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 9:26 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] PCS News, an update to the Sarah game

Hi Folks,
In honor of Harry Potter's birthday, I'm giving you a sneak preview of what the full update to Sarah and the castle of witchcraft and wizardry will contain.
Two new potions.
I am adding a Luck potion and Love potion that you need to brew to the Polyjuice potion that is in the current game. I have revised and relocated the potion ingredients to make them easier to find and closer to their locations in the HP books.
Destination menu.
After you have found and read the map, you will be able to apparate, or teleport to a list of specific locations on each floor. This seems more logical than to just be able to apparate only to the broom cupboard.
New Joke shop items.
Sarah will be able to find and use several new items from the Joke shop that are sprinkled throughout the castle. The snackboxes will be especially helpful in stopping the caretaker from catching you.
New spells.
I want to keep some things as a surprise so there will be new spells added but I will let you find out what ones, how and when you will get them.
New creatures.
I am adding some new challenges to the game, especially a rat that is sometimes not a rat.
New Locations.
I am adding a maze right outside the Quidditch pitch and next to an expanded Forbidden Forest. If you find your way to the center of the maze you will get another surprise as to what is there. There are lots of creatures lurking in the forest and I am adding more of them to the game.
New rooms.
I am adding dorm rooms to all the houses, and will be a good place to find some of the joke items.

Most of these changes have already been programmed but there are some critical things yet to do. I hope to get Sarah to record a list of new words but can not guarantee that she will have the time right now.

I hope to be finished with my part of the development in the next few weeks so there will be a good chance thee update will be available for download within August 2009.
Of course barring any unexpected bugs that may crop up.
Smiles,
Phil Vlasak
p...@pcsgames.net
Visit my web site for further information and audio sneak previews,
http://www.pcsgames.ent