Bryan,
You need to run the setup for each game with admin rights. To do this arrow to game.exe, press the context key, andown arrow to run as administrator. Press enter and it should then run the setup correctly. Alternatively disabling user account control will also fix the problem. In fact, if you plan to play Jim's games under Vista you'll probably want to turn off user acount control anyway as it screws up the games royally. Such as if you want to save a game user account control will give you an error that the file can't be saved because you do not have admin rights. I wish Jim could fix this issue, but I understand why he doesn't. In order to fix that problem he'd have to rewrite his games to support Vista's new user acccount control.
Smile.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
Hi all,
  I recently decided to install the Kitchens Inc games on my Windows Vista laptop, and in
the process I've run into a rather strange problem. The Winkit file installed properly
and seems to work properly when I run it. However when I try to install one of the other
games I get the following error message. "Can't create output file: c:\program
files\kitchensinc\game name.exe," where Game Name is obviously the name of the game
I tried to install. This has happened for every game I tried to run, the one exception of
course being the game menu itself. I'm wondering what, if anything, I can do about this.
Any help would be appreciated.
You have acquired the skill of Weaponry Theremin.
Your current level of mastery is 10 Apprentice.