Hi Josh,
No, the Microsoft Flight Simulators are purely for entertainment purposes, and aren't there to actually train professional pilots. People applying for a pilots license still have to work with a trainer and put in actual flight time in a plane plus take written tests to show they know how to do accurate instrument readings etc. Besides that when you employ IYP with FS 2004 you aren't actually flying the plane yourself anyway. All IYP does is allow you to give instructions to your copilot to help you run through the check lists, take off, land, change heading, altitude, etc. So even though you are the captain of the airplane you don't do any actual flying yourself. You just tell your copilot what to do and she does it for you. That's a bit like cheating since you are most likely using IYP to avoid manually flying the plane yourself. So even assuming an employer would consider FS 2004 as a job skill it wouldn't count in your case because you use IYP. Since IYP does the actual flying for you they could truethfully say you never actual flew a simulation solo and thus have no flight experience in a simulator on your own. So all around your answer is no.
Smile.

Josh wrote:
Hello,

If I get really good at fs2004 andits your plane, could I put that on a resume and would having experience ussing an industry standard flight simulator help me get a job at all? I think that real pilots in training use fs, don't they? so could it help us as blind people secure employment if we get good at using fs and the lingo and stuff?
Josh