Hi,
Yes, that is definitely one of the major problems I face as a game developer. Even something as simple as a title for a game is already used, copyrighted to the hilt, and there isn't much I can do about it. For example, I've been thinking of creating a large roll playing game. Well, I wrote down a list of possible titles for the game. I had about 10 possibles written down in a text file. I then took that list, went online, and checked if there were games using those titles. Sure enough every single title I thought I had come up with was already used by somebody else, and was copyrighted by someone else. It's pretty depressing to know you spend x amount of time thinking up what might be cool titles for a game only to discover someone else has beat you to the punch so to speak. When it comes to new and innovative game stories I can't think of anything that hasn't already been done before. You have your vampire games, zomby fighting games, loads of military games, your civilization style games, and so on. You name it someone has probably done it.

Tristan B wrote:
Hi,
Not to take you down, but...

Sadly, it seems to me like the sighted come up with every idea that we have before it ever even seemed like an idea. They have millions and still counting of video games released in one country. Thousands for single consoles, sometimes it seems like whatever ideas I think up are copyrighted or used somewhere else.

That's just me. I may not have the spark of creativity that others may have, or I may be right. Just my oppinion.

Tristan B

TrekGames.net

Cosmos -
TrekGames.net, port 1234.