Hi Tristan,
Sorry, but I disagree. You stated that C# is a challenge for the smartest of blind game developers." Personally, i found the language very easy to learn and use. In fact, I got a book on C# from the Safari web site, read it, and began using the language for private and professional use with in a month. So the language can't be that hard to learn. I'm living proof it is not as hard as you claim. As it happens do you know the difference between C# .NET and Visual Basic .NET? As it happens both languages are very similar. The only, and i do mean the only difference, is that C# applications uses c-Style conventions and the Visual Basic .NET programs uses basic-style programming. They both use the .NET Framework, classes, namespaces, objects, etc. To an uninformed observer the languages would appear completely different, but the difference is a superficial one. Fact of the matter is if you can learn one you can easily learn the other. As for learning C++ being too advanced for a beginner for the most part I agree. The language is fairly advanced, but by learning that language a programmer will be well equipped to learn other c-style languages such as C#, Java, perl, etc. Most languages are based upon the C standard, and thus it is invaluable if a programmer is going to master programming privately or professionally. If someone is just doing it as a hobby then learning C/C++ might not be all that important in the scheme of things, but it helps if you want to become an advanced programmer.

Tristan B wrote:
C++ is just way to advanced as a starting language; and c# is a challenge for eevn the smartest of blind game developers. You might want to start with something like, visual basic, etc.

If your not just starting out, I'm sorry, just saying..

Tristan B