You can also run the op off the dvd or if backed up to USB drive.
My mac book pro is coming soon, and will be a fun time learning.

At 09:45 PM 9/19/2009, you wrote:
Hi,
Actually, that only scratches the surface when it comes to Mac verses Windows accessibility. What impresses me about Mac OS is if I ever have to reinstall the operating system, perform an upgrade, VoiceOver speaks the installation from start to finish. Regardless if it is an upgrade or a completely from scratch installation. Try doing that with Windows, and of course you can't.

Trouble wrote:
Just got one little bit to add to this topic.
You take a standard PC, windows op, screen reader of choice, and any other hardware you do need. the price comes out to about the same as a Mac. With Mac the screen reader is built in, the op is cheap and it runs on only the highest of ram. yes, you pay for them, but what you get is what they say power at hand. Not a PC that needs peaced together because you just ain't got the money for the best in hardware. They both have there place, but isn't it nice to know that another product can and just might do better? here is a really nice part on voice over. What happens if the program crashes the screen reader? on a PC its mostly a reboot, and on Mac it starts the screen reader over with no reboot. See what built in the op can do for you!

Tim
trouble
Verizon FIOS support tech
--Sam Brown