To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Crisis averted

Hi Dark,
Glad to see you have the problem under control. As for the missing icons there really isn't anything strange about that really. Some programs install icons to your local user account's start menu folder rather than globally to the default start menu folder. The end result is if you create a new account the icons come up missing. The easiest way to fix that little problem is to copy those icons from the local start menu folder to the default "all users" start menu folder. Once you do that it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 100 user accounts they all have access to the icons. As it happens you aren't the only one that has user account woes in this area. Unlike Linux developers that always assumes a multiuser environment far too many Windows developers program software for a single user environment. For those of us who run Windows in a multiuser environment it gets to be a pain, because there really isn't any excuse to program software for a single user environment. With the release of Vista and Windows 7 Microsoft beginning to kick developers in the butt, and letting them get use to the idea of programming for a multiuser environment. The only problem is it is hard to break developers of bad habbits formed ages ago.

Smile.