Hi Munawar,
Yeah, I've known about SlimDX for a while now, but I haven't been able to get DirectSound working. Part of the problem is I can't find any code examples for SlimDX and C#. At least as far as DirectSound goes. If you could send me DirectSound examples, a tutorial, I'd happily switch as soon as possible.

Munawar Bijani wrote:
Hi,
I forgot to add to my last message that a newer DirectX wrapper exists for managed code called SlimDX. Unlike Managed DirectX, it's under active development and gets updated every time Microsoft releases a new DirectX SDK. You can find it at www.slimdx.org. This is the API I use--I abandoned MDX about a year ago. The DirectSound portion is bug-free as far as I can tell. The last issue was a false "EndOfStreamException" but I alerted them to that and it was fixed back in the March 2009 update. Their latest update is the August release. The only disadvantage to it is it's called SlimDX simply because it's a "slim" wrapper. Eg. it provides c++ equivalents of DirectX in managed code, nothing more. I like it in that way because it's easy now to look at C++ examples and port them to SlimDX, and i think you'll find that beneficial as well; versus MDX which gave too many "extra" functions and ended up doing a lot of the behind the scenes work for you.

If you have any questions about SlimDX, the developers are active on www.gamedev.net in the forums under "DirectX and XNA."

Munawar A. Bijani
"Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard. The heard knowledge is only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Nahj Al-Balagha
mailto:munaw...@gmail.com
http://www.bpcprograms.com