Hi Thomas,
I was going by memory and you know how that is sometimes!
I thought the most important thing is to find all the keys.
The first key teaches you that you need them to go further.
Do you need to find all 5 keys to get to the next level?
I never checked the room numbers but if people are going to refer to them, a list of rooms and what is in them would be good to have.
As for torches, I don't light one until after going through the water.
I use the arrow enter, arrow enter trick to check the floor at each step.
If I find a creature I kill it then go back with the above technique to make sure I didn't pass over anything valuable.
thanks,
Phil